Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 20: Hope

Today's word for Capture Your Grief is Hope.  Obviously it's an abstract premise, so I don't really have a photo.  I will say that this is one of the hardest words for me to write about.  When I was pregnant with Emma, I didn't realize how much I wanted to be a mom.  More than that, I didn't realize how much I wanted a child.  It wasn't until I lost her that I realized how much I needed her.

I am hoping that I will be able to have another child and fulfill that need.  It's a tough thing to hold on to, when I feel like everything I wanted was stripped away in an instant.  I know that I have many other things in my life to be grateful for, and I've written about those things at length.  Unfortunately the one thing that is out of my grasp seems to be the most important thing right now - isn't that always the case?

I hold on to this hope for myself, and for Jeff.  For our families, our friends.  For the people who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us and cried with us and who I know hope this for us, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment